2. Study Year: Theme Competence
The majority of tourism destinations focus on tourism themes (theme marketing) in the course of strategic marketing. Based on a three-dimensional competitive analysis for your destination, meaningful information on the market potential of your destination can be obtained within the framework of the sub-study “theme competence”.
The core of the three-dimensional competition analysis is formed by
- 1. the determination of the general prospective interest in different holiday activities (1st dimension = demand),
- 2. the evaluation of the supported and unsupported (top of mind) theme suitability of your destination (2nd dimension = offer) as well as
- 3. the performance of your destination compared to other national and international competitors in terms of the 10 holiday activities you have chosen for the evaluation (3rd dimension = competition).
The core results of the three-dimensional competitive analysis on the thematic competence of your destination are then summarised in an analysis quadrant.
Similar to the other sub-studies, competitor comparisons (benchmarking), time series comparisons (if applicable) and individual target group analyses are carried out.
Based on the comprehensive amount of data collected with this sub-study, further individual special evaluations can be carried out. You can see the topics which are able to be examined under DATA AND TOOLS.
DESTINATION BRAND 21 (DB21): This year, the thematic competence of tourist destinations in 10 source markets is measured: Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Netherlands, France, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom, USA and China.
Further information on this year’s survey can be found at DESTINATION BRAND 21, to participate, go this way: PARTICIPATION DESTINATION BRAND 21
Overview of previous surveys on the thematic competence of tourist destinations:
- DB10, 13 and 16: Overview of surveyed German and international destinations in the source market Germany
- DB18: Overview of surveyed German and international destinations in the source markets Germany, Austria, Switzerland and the Netherlands
Is your destination among surveyed destinations? Are you interested in a subsequent destination-specific data preparation for your destination? Feel free to contact us at any time. We will be glad to send you the order form specifically for your destination.