Source Market Data & -Analysis
CURRENT SUPPLEMENT OPTION: Destination-specific source market analysis incl. assessment of the COVID 19 recovery potential
Source market analysis as the basis for your foreign market development and in advance of DESTINATION BRAND
Would you like to know what the most potential foreign source markets for your destination are? Which foreign market(s) should you concentrate on? A source market analysis lays the foundation for your strategic foreign marketing.
Implementation of a destination-specific source market analysis and assessment of selected foreign source markets using a scoring model in 4 steps:
- 1. Step: Selection of the foreign source markets to be considered
- 2. Step: Selection of indicators for the assessment of the individual foreign source markets
- 3. Step: Collection of data from official statistics and numerous other secondary data sources to measure the defined indicators for all foreign source markets under consideration
- 4. Step: Identification of the source markets with the highest potential and recommendation for foreign market development
- 5. Step: Assessment of COVID-19 recovery potential based on up to 20 indicators
Individual definition of the scope of the source market analysis
Based on your needs and wishes, your current status in foreign marketing and other individual requirements, you can determine the scope of the source market analysis yourself. For this purpose, the following 3 options are available:
- Entire source market analysis: comprehensive potential analysis for (+/-) 30 selected source markets
- Standard source market analysis: potential analysis for (+/-) 20 selected source
- Simplified source market analysis: potential analysis for (+/-) 10 selected source
With a source market analysis, you form the basis for your strategic foreign marketing. It facilitates the selection and / or (further) development of your individual destination-related foreign source markets and the definition of your individual market strategy.
The supplementary assessment of the COVID 19 recovery potential, based among other things on the monitoring of tourism and economic developments during the COVID 19 pandemic, provides you with a basis for a possible short-term adjustment of your market strategy.
In addition, a source market analysis can serve as an essential basis for determining further market research activities. Based on the overall result, you can decide for which markets further data is required for an effective management.
Source market analysis in advance of DESTINATION BRAND
In advance of DESTINATION BRAND, our source market analysis provides you with information about which source markets have the highest potential for your tourist destination. For these identified source markets, a participation in the study DESTINATION BRAND could be recommendable in order to gain further insights into several key questions, e.g.:
- Which holiday themes and target groups should be applied to address the respective source market (by combining holiday themes and target groups)?
- What is the current competitive position of your tourist destination in the respective source market in terms of the brand value (among others including the brand awareness and willingness to visit)?
The source market analysis offers you a comprehensive basis for deciding which markets are suitable for your participation in DESTINATION BRAND 20.
The project duration is 6 to 8 weeks. You can find a more detailed explanation of the aim and procedure of the destination-specific source market analysis here.
If you are interested in a destination-specific source market analysis and for further information, please contact Ellen Böhling at any time: Tel.: +49 (40) 414 3887 412 I E-Mail: email@example.com